On Designing the ideal community

One of the first projects of Infinite Love is to design the most optimal community from scratch. There’s a lot to consider:

• how the government will be structured
  • financial planning
  • urban planning
  • buildings & facilities
  • transportation
  • energy
  • information technology
  • community safety
  • health services
  • education & training
  • food & agriculture
  • recycling & waste management

and many others. The most up-to-date place to find information about all these things will the Community wiki page, but here (in this category on our forum) is where you should post discussions and ideas about the community.

I am always looking for volunteers who want to help contribute to the planning, as well as those who want to lead various departments of the Infinite Love organization as part of the Community planning team.

The best approach from my point of view is to make a list of similar community projects and learn from their experiences. I recommend some interesting websites which to me seem to have some overlap with TROM. like Walden Three, rational, sustainable, luxurious, car-free, cities of the future, practical utopias, using cognitive, RET, psychology, co-generation, permacluture, recycling and World Future Fund - Summary .

Cool, I’ll check those out. :sunglasses:

EDIT: I checked them out, and I’m happy to find that Walden Three has a pretty comprehensive model for a sustainable community already developed. :blush: It’s incomplete (as they acknowledged) but it’s a great start — I’ll definitely add that to my list of documents to use as reference material in designing our own community and standards.

World Future Fund is not entirely well organized and a bit all over the place, but I think their hearts are in the right place. They could use a website overhaul to make what they have more accessible, but it’s definitely got some good information there.

Thanks again for sharing :blush: